Driving on the Lot
The Universal Studios Florida soundstages and backlot are secure facilities that are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For the safety of our production clients, and team members, Universal Orlando has implemented a drive-on procedure that must be adhered to by everyone who wishes to access the production offices, soundstages, or backlot.
- For access to the lot, production clients must make prior arrangements for a drive-on access pass through the Studio Operation's team.
- All visitors must present a valid driver's license, or passport, to the Gate 3 security officer.
- All visitors must submit to having their vehicle searched upon request. This includes interior, trunk, and undercarriage check.
- All visitors must submit to a full inspection of their bags, backpacks, purses, parcels, etc. This may be a manual bag inspection, or via x-ray.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Weapons: knives, swords, guns, etc. This includes any weapons with associated Concealed Weapons Permit. Small pocket knives and Leatherman-type tools are permitted.
- Any illegal item or substances.
When Driving on the Lot
- Maximum speed limit while driving on the lot is 8 mph.
- Yield the "right of way" to shuttle buses and pedestrians at all times.
- Obey all posted traffic signs (stop, yield, one-way, no parking, handicap, speed limit, and painted red curbs, etc.).
- Only persons with a valid state-issued driver's license may operate golf carts, with prior approval of the Studio Operation's team.
- Park in assigned parking space only.
While filming on the lot, the Universal Studios Florida Production Group offers both crew and basecamp parking adjacent to the soundstages or in the resort garages. Arrangements for parking will be made at the time of booking soundstages and/or backlot locations.
Access to Buildings 22A and 17
The B22A Producer's Building and Building 17 are secure facilities. Production clients working in these buildings will be assigned a security issued vendor ID for card swipe access.